Thursday 3 October 2013

ROAD SAFETY!

A small post I had written on a private network. Thought of sharing! :)

Well, the post goes as follows,

"The moment I read about this, "BLOG IT" A Blogging Competition on "Road Safety", the first thing that struck my mind – everyone would write about driving and traffic! But there is something else also that falls for ROAD SAFETY, which includes – Mannerisms, Cleanliness and similar. It is every day, that I travel 2 hours long, through greenery, bushes, city roads, village roads, and also the highway! And everywhere I see people spitting, throwing garbage and other stuff directly on the roads. Spitting on the tree trunks, splashing pan on roads, that goes on the coming vehicles (behind). And these things, undoubtedly, divert others’ mind and concentration and hence, lead to accidents and all. It has been observed that the learned people also follow this! Sigh! People are so stubborn that in spite of giving them hard looks or explaining them, they do not change these habits. Worse you can see is, people using the roadside bushes for “toilet purposes”. If such things are looked into and if steps are taken towards “Green City-Clean City”, road safety would definitely rise, in a good way, of course!

​Not only this, but also, people are really bad at crossing roads (including myself ;)). We see people crossing roads, anywhere, and not through the zebra-crossing or when the signal is RED! :( This makes the driver panic, and because of losing control, hits the person crossing! Care and measures, for road crossing is a must!

To add more, I would also mention, for security and safety, generally measures are asked to be taken by the females. But, I ask, why not for the males too? Because, even the males are in danger, on the roads! You never know, who can do what to whom, any moment!

To sum up, I’ll mention, I agree this is bit different than the expected ROAD SAFETY posts, but yeah, some small things are very much needed to be seen into. And I'll be super glad, if the above mentioned points, spitting, toilet, garbage, splashing pan, etc. is stopped! :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment