Tuesday 28 May 2013

Do things really change?

Buzz
My phone vibrates, and I unlock it.
"Good Morn…" , the message said.
I typed back the customary "heya Morning.." knowing quite well what was to follow next..
And I was right! "ssup? " came through.
"tp.. u say.."
"same here.. :)"
" :) "
I stare at the screen, knowing the conversation has ended.
Still hoping something will pop up on d screen anyway.
I think of coming up with something myself.
With a sigh, I put my phone away…
and am left wondering…
Where did things go wrong…?
When was it that everything changed...?
Inadvertently my mind flops over to the olden times…
When we used to spend hours texting, talking illogical stuff over the phone…
Numerous excuses to other friends…and what not!!!

A quote I had read somewhere flashes across my mind…
"Day by day nothing changes…but when you look back... everything is different"and
"Busiest is the one who has time for everything :p"

Things go by on their own pace…
And those momentary thoughts get washed away from my mind…
Suddenly d very next day…the other best buddy pings...
The friend who has been with…throughout...school, college and everywhere throughout your life…even when you were busy otherwise ;)
and i stare at the text with the biggest, SMILE :p
Wondering…whatever happens, she’ll never forget pinging you :)
after school ended… everyone became busy with their own lives..
Meetings became a scarce thing…
and phone calls receded to the extent of just calls on each other's b'days…
but we? Never have left each other…
As soon I got my back... It was 4 hours of non-stop chatter…
and it was like no time has passed…
we were back to the good old days…the new days…all the “updates”!
Chattering the minutes away !!!
Even later, I couldn't help but smile…
Time... Distances (not much though :p)... Busy schedules…
All these stuff really don't matter…
Coz friendship survives them all...
Things change... people change… priorities change…
But the space you carve in each other’s hearts remains the same…
There might be moments when you are left thinking back…
wishing for the old days to come back…
but sooner or later... the realization strikes…
everything happens for a reason…
and time once past... cannot be reverted back !!!
And so I ultimately try my best… Unlock my phone…type in "ssup?” (To continue the previous conversation) and hit send
There is a smile on my face while am doing that…
‘Hope is still alive...’
And friendship survives… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment